Johnson Canyon Landfill
31400 Johnson Canyon Road
Gonzales, CA 93926
2.5 miles east of Gonzales, CA
Highway 101 South to Fifth Street Exit, Gonzales. Turn Left (East) on Fifth Street. Remain on Fifth Street for 2.5 miles to landfill entrance on right. (Fifth Street changes name to Johnson Canyon Road at Herold Parkway)
From King City:
Highway 101 North to Fifth Street Exit, Gonzales. Turn Right (East) on Fifth Street. Remain on Fifth Street for 2.5 miles to landfill entrance on right. (Fifth Street changes names to Johnson Canyon Road at Herold Parkway)
Hours of Operation – Open Sundays!
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
CLOSED on New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Agricultural waste
- Appliances (stoves, washing machines, water heaters, etc.)
- Clothing and Shoes
- Concrete Rubble
- Construction & Demolition Debris
- Dirt (Clean Fill)
- Electronics (computers, TV’s, monitors, etc.)
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Recycling (separated): Paper, Plastic and Glass containers, and Metal Cans
- Ridged Plastics
- Scrap Metal
- Tires (without rims)
- Wood (clean), tree stumps and branches
- Yard waste (grass clippings, leaves, weeds, etc.)
- Batteries: Household and Automotive
- Oil: Used Motor Oil & Filters
- Paint (latex only)
Johnson Canyon Landfill will close at 2 pm on Thursday, September 24, 2020.