Select Page

Couch, Mattress, RefrigeratorDo you need to get rid of large items such as furniture, bed frames, appliances, TV’s etc.? These materials and many more are not collected through your curbside or apartment recycling program, but they can still be recycled or even donated for reuse! If any of these items are in good, reusable condition, please consider donation to a local reuse business or charitable organization. Checkout the Reuse Guide or Recycling Resources, Beyond the Curb for a list locations and items.

To dispose of bulky items you have several options:

  1. Schedule a free on-call pick-up (single family homes only): Contact your hauler for acceptable items, set-out rules and/or other requirements. Limits apply.
  2. Cleanup Events: Contact your hauler for dates, acceptable materials and drop-off rules. Residents in the Salinas Valley can also take advantage of free, annual cleanup and recycling events. For specific dates, times, locations in your area.
  3. Self-haul: You can drop off bulky items at any of SVR’s facilities. Check the fee schedule to see what items are accepted for free.

Haulers available in your area:


Republic Services
Offers residential and business customers one (1) free bulky item pick-up per year. The program allows up to 2 cubic yards (3’ high x 3’ wide x 6’ long) of bulky waste. Unacceptable items include any loose, boxed or bagged trash; carpet, construction materials; wood; paint; batteries; chemicals or hazardous waste. Items must be placed in the street, against the curb, away from cars, trees, parked cars and overhead wires. For more information and to schedule a pick-up, call  831-775-3840.

Gonzales, Soledad & Greenfield

Tri-Cities Disposal & Recycling
Offers residential and business customers ten (10) free bulky item pick-ups per year, allowing up to five items per collection. If you live in an apartment or multi-family complex, have your manager contact Tri-Cities Disposal to designate a pickup location on the property. For more information or to make an appointment, call toll-free 1-888-678-6798

King City/ Unincorporated Monterey County

Waste Management
Provides bulky item service to residential and business customers. Acceptable large items must be placed on the curb and may vary by area. For more information or to request a bulk pick-up, please visit the website or call 831-385-5694. Fees apply.