Carpet & Carpet Pad Recycling
Millions of pounds of carpet are buried in California landfills every year where it stays for centuries without breaking down. It is imperative as a business or resident to recycle old carpets. There are many outlets where you can learn more about how to properly divert and recycle old carpets, such as Carpet America Recovery Act (CARE). Salinas Valley Solid Waste Authority accepts old carpets if they meet the following requirements. Please watch the video above to learn how businesses can properly get rid of old carpeting.
Please Pre-Sort Loads:
- Separate and Roll Dry, Plush Carpet and Foam or Re-bond Padding for Recycling
- Put all Scrap/Trash Materials on Bottom of the Load
- Place Rolled Carpet and Rolled Padding on Top for Easy Access
DO NOT mix the following with carpet or padding rolls or place in trash:
- Wet Carpet or Padding
- Carpet and Padding Rolled Together
- Rubber/Synthetic Carpet Padding Scraps or Garbage
- Construction & Demo Waste (cove base, blades, nails, underlayment, etc.)
Cardboard, Paper, Metal, & Plastics for FREE!