Keep it clean and green! Only grass, weeds, leaves, plant or flower trimmings, branches and small pieces of wood should be put in your yard waste cart.These materials are processed at the Johnson Canyon Landfill and are made into compost and landscaping materials for your garden or yard.
- Do not put extra trash in the yard waste cart
- Do not bag yard waste in plastic bags; empty directly into your cart
- Do not put animal waste in the yard waste cart- this goes in the garbage
- Garden hoses,broken lawn chairs or ceramic or plastic flower pots go in the trash
Request a free label for your cart by calling (831) 775-3000.
For a limited time after the holidays, usually starting right after Christmas or New Years, holiday trees are collected from the curb for free on your regular scheduled collection day. Look for announcements or contact your hauler directly for exact dates.
- Trees must be cut into 3 ft. sections
- Remove all tinsel, lights and decorations
- Remove plastic,wooden and metal stands
- Flocked trees are NOT accepted
- The trees will be chipped and composted, not landfilled.
During the holiday tree collection period, trees can also be dropped off for free at any of SVR’s Recycling & Disposal Facilities.