Your hauler is Republic Services of Salinas. Call them at (831) 775-3840.
Single-family homes in Salinas have weekly collection service of their grey recycling cart, green yard waste cart and brown garbage cart. Roll your full carts to the curb by 6:00 am on your regular collection day.
What can go into my recycling, yard waste and garbage cart?
Grey recycling cart:
Please put items into the recycling cart loose, not bagged or bundled. All containers must be empty. Rinse out excess liquid or food residue. Flatten all cardboard boxes. Pizza boxes are ok if they are free of grease and/or food.
PAPER & CARDBOARD
Empty spray cans
Clean & dry plastic bags & plastic film (bag in bag)
Green yard waste cart:
Please keep your yard waste cart clean and green. Only organic materials that come from your yard or garden should be placed in your yard waste cart.
- Grass clippings (or try “grass-cycling”)
Plant or flower trimmings
- Small pieces of clean wood
- Tree limbs and branches (up to 4 in diameter)
Please NO trash, dirt, rocks, plastic bags or flower pots!
Brown Garbage cart:
Items not listed for the recycling or yard waste carts have to go into your trash cart. Those items may include but are not limited to the following:
- Animal waste & kitty litter (put in bag and tie off)
- Ceramics & china (e.g. broken dishes)
- Chips bags and candy wrappers
- Diapers & wipes
- Disposable gloves
- Drinking glasses (e.g. chipped or cracked)
- Expanded Polystyrene Foam (i.e. Styrofoam™)
- Food or grease soiled paper & cardboard (e.g. fast-food wrappers and to-go cups)
- Food scraps
- Garden hoses
- Incandescent light bulbs
- Juice pouches or boxes and straws
- Napkins & tissue paper
- Paper towels
- Pressure-treated or painted wood
- Toothpaste tubes and toothbrushes
- Window and mirror glass
Other – Not for carts
The following items cannot go into any of your 3 curbside carts.
- Aerosol cans (full)
- Antifreeze Household toxics
- Batteries (auto and household)
- Building materials (e.g. bricks, dirt, concrete)
- Bulky Items (e.g. furniture, appliances etc.)
- Clothing & Shoes (donate or bring to clothing boxes at SVR facilities)
- Cooking oil
- Electronics (e.g. computers, laptops, TVs, VCR/DVD players, etc.)
- Fluorescent lights
- Used Motor Oil & Filter Collection